🌍 As per Gartner's projection, 'By 2029, the circular economy will be the only economy,' and McFadyen Digital predicts that 60% of Circular Economy growth by 2030 will be driven by circular platforms, translating to over $860 billion in transactions.
♻️ Amidst the prevalent discussions on sustainability, the circular economy, and new digital business models, the abundance of theoretical concepts can be overwhelming. Are you eager to empower your business with practical knowledge and ensure its readiness for the future?
🚀 Join us in discovering the potential of circular platforms by handling the current challenges of the actual companies!
6th November, from 4 to 6 pm CET
¡1a SESIÓN GRATIS!
Course is for
You're transforming your organization to champion sustainability through innovative business models, seeking insights from practical cases.
You work on circular solutions and are interested in learning from real companies' cases.
Innovation and Digital Transformation Managers:
You're focused on merging digital tech with innovative models for positive environmental impact by seeking creative and sustainable approaches.
What you will learn
- ♻️ In a world increasingly focused on sustainability and the circular economy, LEGO, the renowned toymaker, embarked on a mission to find eco-friendly materials for its iconic bricks. Their initial experiment using recycled PET plastic bottles, though promising, didn't achieve the desired positive impact due to an excess in their carbon emissions.
🌍 Despite this setback, LEGO remains committed to its goal of producing sustainable bricks by 2032. They continue to explore alternatives such as recycled plastics and plastics made from alternative sources such as e-methanol.
🤔 Besides thinking about the alternatives for producing new blocks, another way is to contemplate new business models. This perspective takes us to a whole new way of thinking about LEGO's potential business model shifts towards circular platforms. How can LEGO integrate circularity into its business model? Can they harness the power of platforms to accomplish their mission?
♻️ Pre-read: ♻️
Module 1: Understanding the Circular Economy
- What is the circular economy?
- What are circular business models?
- What is the circular opportunity? Why now?
Module 2: Platform-Based Business Models
- What are platform-based business models?
- What are the benefits of platform-based business models?
♻️ Agenda on the Crash Course ♻️
- Quick introduction to the LEGO Case.
- What is a customer-centered approach to Circular Business Models?
- Practical exercise: What are the key pillars of circularity, and how can LEGO integrate them into its business model?
- Exploring the advantages of new digital business models such as platforms and ecosystems.
- Practical exercise: How can LEGO harness the platform-business model, integrating circular solutions?
Summarizing key takeaways and sharing the main outcomes.
🚀 We invite you to explore circular platforms on LEGO case together!
About your instructors
Loic Le Fouest
Circular CX Expert, Clarasys
Loic is a Customer Experience (CX) specialist with a proven track record of improving experiences across the private, public and not for profit sector. He leads the CX practice of the management consultancy Clarasys that specialises in CX design, organisational strategy, business model innovation, sustainability and digital transformation. In 2022 he kicked off a partnership with the University of Exeter’s Centre for the Circular Economy to explore the challenges of engaging customers in the circular economy and co-published an industry leading report and toolkit on Creating Customer Experiences in the Circular Economy.
CEO of Oxie, the first European carbon emission management ecosystem
Marta's field of expertise is the design of sustainable digital ecosystems especially within the industrial environment. She is the CEO and founder of Oxie - the first European carbon emission management ecosystem ensured by technology. She is also a visiting professor at IESEG Business School where she teaches Strategy & Digital Transformation as well as TheNTWK Ambassador for France. She worked on digital transformation projects with companies like Airbus and CMA CGM. Marta is a believer in collective intelligence and is passionate about the sustainability challenges of digital transformation
What real people are saying?