Lighthouse Thinking: Creating a Strong Business Context for Your Platform Project
Interested in learning more about how to design and execute new operating models such as platform and ecosystems, data-driven operating models, the digital business OS? Flow Academy offers an initial, day-long, practical session on what it means to redesign and remodel your organisation at the edges, to prepare for significant change.
Creating a platform and ecosystem model or opting instead for a more explicit data-driven or digital model, requires skills that most organisations need to invest in.
The course is a high intensity introduction to one of the most challenging but creative aspects of business today.
May 30 2021
1st - 24th
Duration: 16 hours
Use this Coupon Code
Who this course is for?
People interested in learning more about how to design and execute new operating models such as platform and ecosystems, data-driven operating models, the digital business OS .
Founders, Product & Online Business Leaders, Investors, as target.
1. How to think about operating models and business models
2. Why the operating model is more important in the context of change
3. How to gather information necessary to describe your existing operating model, its weaknesses and the strength of alternatives
4. How to analyse and highlight gaps in strategy, technology, ecosystems and capabilities to build the case for change
5. How to describe a future operating model, or target operating model, that is adaptive and "generative"
6. The overall benefits of adaptive or generative operating models
7. How the platform and ecosystem fits into future operational planning
8. Data and the digital OS as alternatives
9. Lessons from the trenches: how Amazon has succeeded through lighthouse projects
10. Helping executives to prioritise
11. How to use special projects (lighthouses) to gain experience in OM design and build a learning environment
12.The role of ecosystems in remodelling innovation practices
13. Freeing up resources to divert into change design and execution
14. Planning the first steps
15. Scaling the new OM over time.
Haydn Shaughnessy has worked for decades at the forefront of technology and its impact on organisations. He is a pioneer of platform and ecosystem thinking and works as well on operating model design concepts, data-driven operating models and the DBOS used by Chinese companies. He has studied Chinese business practices as well as the innovation system at Amazon.com. A former editor of Innovation Management, he has written for the Harvard Business Review, Forbes.com, Wall St Journal Strategy and Leadership and many more.