79% recommends it
Barcelona - Spain
I'm a paragraph. I'm connected to your collection through a dataset. To update me, go to the Data Manager. The Data Manager is where you store data to use in your site pages, or collect data from site visitors when they submit a form.
TALK TO ADVISORS
The simple answer is yes. The structure of the network or marketplace is far more important than whether it is B2B or B2C. The strength of the network effect still depends on the answers to the same questions.
1. Is supply differentiated or commoditized?
2. Is the marketplace cross-border or hyperlocal?
3. Is one side far more valuable than the other?
4. Is there a single player element to one side?
5. How complex is it to match demand and supply?
6. What mechanisms can help curate the experience and create better matches?
I would not fully agree! In general, yes B2B platform can generate the same kind of network effects. However, a recent study by the ifo Institute suggests that they are currently not being realized by the majority of B2B platforms. I do not fully agree with the study, however, I think that it is more difficult to apply customer centric thinking and network efffect design skills to a B2B platform than to a B2C platform.